The Jack Murdock Aviation Center was the culmination of a dream by the One-Place-Across-Time committee. The group had longed for a quality facility that would tell the story of the importance of early aviation to the region. A grant from the Jack Murdock Charitable Trust helped the dream become reality.
The facility incorporates the historic “White Hanger” as a part of the new complex. The White Hanger was restored to it’s original 1920’s condition and serves as a restoration hanger for historic aircraft. A new hanger was constructed adjacent to the White Hanger that houses the majority of the display space for the museum.
Also included are a small theater, a gift shop, a hands-on childrens education area and administrative offices. The facility received a 1997 Clark County Community Pride Design Award.